- Affordable Car Insurance
- Affordable Car Insurance Auto Insurance
- Auto Information
- Auto Insurance
- Best Car Insurance for Teenagers
- Car Insurance
- Car Insurance for College Students
- Car Safety and Maintenance Tips
- Insurance Answers
- Insurance News
- Insurance Tips and Resources
- State by State Insurance
- Teenage Car Insurance
- Very Cheap Car Insurance
Really Cheap Car Insurance
In many parts of the United States, cars are about the only type of transportation available. However, owning and maintaining a car is expensive, and mandatory car insurance is a big part of that expense. Most people can find cheap car insurance by taking advantage of discounts and comparing online auto insurance quotes. There are also some steps that drivers can take to reduce the cost of car insurance premiums.
Look for Discounts
Most insurance companies offer a variety discounts to their customers. Discounts may be earned by placing several different policies, like life, home and auto insurance, with the same company. There are also ways to get discounts on cheap insurance for young drivers that maintain a B average in school and for students who take driver education courses. Some auto insurers offer discounts to new customers and most offer discounts to good drivers. However, asking about discounts can save any driver money.
Take a Defensive Driving Course
Drivers who take defensive driving courses can save as much as 10% on insurance rates for three years. In some states this discount is required by law, but many insurance companies offer it voluntarily. Defensive driving courses may cost as little as $30 and will take about 8 hours to complete. Some are available in classrooms while others are offered online. These courses are easy to find will help drivers get really cheap auto insurance.
Comprehensive and collision insurance are not required by law, but may be required as the condition of a car loan. These coverages are expensive, but drivers can save some money by raising their deductible. This means that if the car is damaged the owner is responsible for more of the cost, but raising a $500 deductible to $1000 can lower car insurance premiums substantially. Owners of older cars worth less than $3000 should consider dropping these coverages.
Maintain a Good Credit Rating
Everyone knows that a good credit rating can save money on loan interest, but it can also save money by helping drivers get really cheap car insurance for young drivers. One of the factors that insurance companies consider when determining rates is a driver’s credit score. A good credit score is an indicator of a responsible attitude and insurers believe this will carry over into responsible behavior behind the wheel.
Get Free Insurance Quotes for Comparison
Comparing the rates of different insurance companies can save hundreds of dollars on car insurance premiums. Some auto insurance websites offer free car insurance quotes from several different insurance carriers. By looking at the rates of different companies, many drivers are able to find really cheap car insurance. It only takes a few minutes to complete a short questionnaire and get quotes from up to five insurance carriers.
If you need really cheap car insurance a small investment of time and effort can save you a substantial amount of money. By looking for discounts and comparing rates with free quotes, many drivers are able to find super cheap car insurance.
Families typically have more than one driver and more than one vehicle. The husband and wife may each have a car, and any teenaged children will certainly be getting their license soon and be anxious to have their first car. Luckily, there are many discounts available, making it possible to get cheap family auto insurance, and even cheap car insurance for young drivers.
Bundling Insurance Policies Together
A family will usually have more than one type of insurance. This can include car insurance, home or renter’s insurance, life insurance, and more. By having all these insurances through the same company, you can usually get a discount on the premiums. Many companies will be willing to give people a lot of money off if they choose to use more services through them, ensuring access to cheap family auto insurance. It also makes it easier to pay, as there will only be one monthly payment you have to worry about for all your insurance policies.
Insuring Multiple Cars on One Policy
A larger family will undoubtedly have more cars to insure. Luckily, one company can insure all your cars for you. By insuring all your vehicles through the same company, you may be able to get more discounts. It is also more convenient. You will only ever have to deal with one insurance company when filing a claim of any kind, regardless of which car it is that has the problem! Many types of vehicles can be insured by the same auto insurance company, including cars, trucks, snowmobiles, motorcycles, and more.
Finding Discounts for Every Family Member
In a family, chances are that everyone has something special that will help them get a discount. For example, with student car insurance students who are either in high school or college can get a good student discount if they have a certain GPA, usually a 3.0 or above. If there are older members of your family, they may apply for a senior driver discount. There are discounts available for belonging to a certain organization or working for a particular employer, so do some research and see if you are eligible for cheap family auto insurance.
Comparing Auto Insurance Companies
There are many different auto insurance companies out there today. When you are filling out cheap auto insurance quotes, take all of them into account. It may seem overwhelming, but it is the only way to be sure you are getting the best deal on your car insurance without sacrificing coverage. Some auto insurance companies will specialize in specific vehicles, bundling, families, and more. Take a look at all the options and talk to insurance representatives before signing a contract and taking the final plunge in signing a policy for cheap family auto insurance.
Even if you have several different vehicles for every member of your family, there is no reason you need to go broke paying for car insurance. By looking at cheap insurance options online, you will see the various discounts that can apply to you, your family, and all your different vehicles. Don’t settle – get a free quote online and find cheap family auto insurance.
Car insurance represents a significant expense for most drivers, but it is important to maintain insurance on a car for both legal and financial reasons. Comparison shopping to find lower car insurance rates may save drivers hundreds of dollars a year. Free online car insurance quotescan help drivers find the auto insurance they need at a price they can afford.
1. It is illegal to drive without car insurance in the United States and its territories. The penalties for driving without insurance are high and include jail time in some states. An increasing number of states require insurers to report policies which have lapsed to the department of motor vehicles, so it is important for drivers to find affordable car insurance to maintain their drivers license and avoid costly penalties.
2. Even relatively minor accidents can result in thousands of dollars of damages for which a driver will be held responsible. Drivers who have no car insurance risk their financial assets, including earnings from their employment. The cost of paying for accident damages and legal fees plus penalties for driving without insurance can have a serious impact on the driver’s financial future.
3. In several states, proof of car insurance must be presented to the department of motor vehicles before a car can be registered or have its registration renewed. It is illegal to drive a car without a current registration and valid license plates. Police officers will stop vehicles that do not have valid license plates and drivers will be cited for registration violations and no car insurance. This can result in a suspension of driving privileges.
4. Drivers who have a loan on their car are required to carry collision and comprehensive insurance as a condition of the loan. If a lender discovers that a driver has no insurance on the car it is considered a breach of the loan contract. The lender can repossess the car even if all the payments are up to date. If the car is resold for less than the amount remaining on the loan, the driver will have to continue to make payments.
5. Mandatory car insurance laws have increased competition in the car insurance market. In this competitive atmosphere many insurance companies have lowered rates to attract drivers as new customers. Free car insurance quotes online help drivers take advantage of the lowest possible rates. It is often possible to get as many as five quotes on a single website which can save time as well as money.
6. Many drivers simply renew their car insurance policies without comparing their current rates to the rates of other companies. It is often possible to save a substantial amount of money by switching insurers. In only a few minutes, drivers with car insurance policies can compare the rates they are paying with the rates offered by other companies. Utilizing car insurance quotes online can lower insurance costs.
7. In these difficult financial times many Americans are struggling to pay their bills and looking for areas where they can save money. While eliminating car insurance is not a good way to save, finding lower insurance rates can help. Comparison shopping for car insurance is easy and takes very little time. Many websites offer car insurance quotes online that assist drivers in finding the lowest possible rates on the insurance they need.
There are other good reasons for comparing online car insurance, but driving legally, maintaining ownership of a car and saving money are among the most important. Driving without insurance can be far more expensive than paying a car insurance premium and comparing the prices of different insurance companies allows drivers to find affordable auto insurance for all kinds of insurance including teen car insurance.
Discount Car Insurance
Even though car insurance rates are notoriously expensive, it’s something that everybody should have when driving on the road. Not only does it help people stay safe, but auto insurance can keep you from paying tens of thousands of dollars when an accident happens. Many insurance companies offer discount car insurance for a multitude of reasons, and one of those is for multiple car insurance.
What is Multiple Car Insurance?
Multiple car insurance is one of the types of discount car insurance that will allow you to put several cars on the same policy, thereby consolidating the cost of taking out a separate policy for each vehicle. Most insurance companies will allow policyholders to place up to five individual vehicles on the same policy, as long as they are all registered to the same household. As long as every member of the family lives at the same address, the entire family can be insured under the same car insurance policy and benefit from this cheap auto insurance.
Why Give Multiple Car Insurance Discounts?
Many energy and electric companies will provide their customers with discounts on multiple energy bills as long as they are all for the same physical address. This ensures that the customer will stay with them for all their energy needs, not just some of them. In the same way car insurance companies want to make sure that you are sticking with them, and only them. It’s not a problem for them to knock off a few bucks if it will convince most of their policyholders to stay loyal to them. It’s a situation where everybody wins, and you can take advantage of it to lower your car insurance costs.
Discounts Are Not Always a Good Deal
It’s important to remember that even though the offer looks tempting up front, a discount for multiple cars may not always be the cheapest option. Some vehicles, like a sports car or collector’s item that is rarely driven, should have its own policy to avoid increasing the rates on all the other vehicles. Look the policy over carefully prior to signing. Depending on your exact situation, taking out several policies with different restrictions can end up being a little cheaper in the long run. Make sure to explore all your options before signing a contract.
What to Look For in a Multiple Car Insurance Policy
There are a few different things to take a close look at before choosing to go with multiple car insurance discounts. For starters, make sure you understand what exactly the policy covers, and for whom the coverage applies. Even though multiple vehicles are included in the policy, not every driver is insured for every car. Understanding who can drive what can save some messy misunderstandings in the future. Also, and very importantly, if one driver incurs a claim, it shouldn’t affect every person covered by the policy, only the driver in question.
Insuring multiple cars under the same policy can often save hundreds of dollars per year, but just make sure you know what you’re getting into. Additionally, there are plenty of other car insurance discounts that you can ask your insurance agent about. Do you have the cheapest car insurance? Find out now and visit our quote form at the top of this page to see how much you can save on your auto policy. You can finally find cheap car insurance for young drivers.
Cheapest Auto Insurance
Cheap auto insurance depends on a lot of different factors, but one thing that will affect your insurance premiums every single time is a customized ride. Insurance agents keep a special eye out for any modifications or custom add-ons to a vehicle before calculating the insurance rate. A lot of people don’t know this, but you can also customize your vehicle for the cheapest auto insurance. Here are a few of the ways to do so.
Add an Anti-theft Device
This won’t make the car drive faster, but it will bring down insurance premiums. Any time there is a decreased risk involved with the car, you will be eligible for a lower monthly rate. A simple safety device like a car alarm will make the vehicle harder to steal, which will be safer for the insurance companies. The entire premium rate that you pay is based on how likely the insurance company would have to repair or replace the vehicle. By making it more difficult for vandals and thieves to gain access, you are adding a modification that will successfully give you cheaper auto insurance.
Add Seat Belts to Older Models
Before the mid 1900′s, cars were not manufactured with seat belts. The first standard seat belt was added to the Saab GT 750 in 1958. After that, many auto manufacturers followed suit, and by the mid 60′s they were pretty much standard in most commercial cars. However, some manufacturers did not incorporate retractable seat belts until much later, and owning a car without seat belts is a large liability for auto insurers. Simply installing seat belts, or updating existing ones, can provide you with cheaper auto insurance right off the bat.
Other Modifications That Will Lower Auto Insurance Premiums
For the most part, anything that will lower the amount of perceived risk will have a good chance of bringing you cheaper auto insurance premiums every month. Car radios are a major thief magnet, so detachable radios that can be taken out when the car is not in use may be able to help out a bit. In addition, steering wheel locks will make the car impossible to drive, and thus less tempting for would-be carjackers. Driving safety features can also play a part, such as rear facing cameras for backing up.
Modifications That Won’t Give you Cheaper Auto Insurance
Just as there are customizations that can potentially lower your insurance rates, so there are mods that will raise the insurance premiums. Installing any sort of performance upgrade will make your car harder to insure. These can include turbochargers or high-performance fuel injectors. Not only can these modifications raise the insurance rates, but insurance companies often won’t cover those parts at all. If they get stolen, the replacement comes out of your own pocket. For cheaper auto insurance, it’s always a good idea to leave those mods to the movies.
Besides modifying your vehicle, there are plenty of other methods to get very cheap car insurance, including just talking to your insurance agent to figure out what levels of coverage you may not need, or using the form at the top of the page to find cheap insurance, even cheap car insurance for young drivers.
Utah has a very interesting state history. The state was populated widely by Native Americans, but was settled by colonies of Mormon settlers in the 1800’s that had left the East fleeing religious persecution. Utah still has a very strong Mormon presence today. The state is known for the wide-open spaces of its plateaus and deserts, and much of the state is devoted to national parks and forests. The cost of living in Utah is very reasonable, as are the prices for Utah car insurance—in fact, they are some of the lowest in the country.
Driving in Utah
Utah’s driving privileges are a bit different from in other states. Residents may obtain a driver’s license that is considered valid state ID, or they may get a driving privilege card, which is not valid ID. Teen drivers must pass driver’s education to get their learner’s permits, and after that, they must progress through a Graduated Driver’s License program, which restricts their times on the road and other factors. Once they have completed the program they receive a full driver’s license with cheap insurance for young drivers as their reward.
Utah Facts and Figures
- Utah has the lowest alcohol-related incidence of vehicle crashes and related fatalities in the nation.
- 6,904 vehicles were reported stolen in Utah in 2009, making it one of the safest states in the nation for vehicle theft risk.
- Utah residents reported 51,367 vehicle crashes in 2009, which was a decrease of 5,000 crashes since the previous year. This trend is attributed to stricter enforcement of traffic laws by police and by monitoring cameras, improved highways and roads, and aggressive media and public awareness campaigns.
- Utah is one of the few no-fault insurance states in the country, requiring its residents to keep not only basic liability, but also Personal Injury Protection coverage on their policies at all times.
Required Utah Car Insurance
Every driver is required to carry Utah car insurance for auto liability and Personal Injury Protection. Utah is a no-fault state, which means that when a vehicle accident occurs, each driver is responsible for his or her own medical bills if injuries occur. This does not apply to property damage, and the at-fault driver is responsible for the damages for the victim through their property damage liability insurance. State minimums for liability coverage are 25/65/15, which means that the maximum payouts per incident will be:
- $25,000 in individual bodily injury coverage
- $65,000 in total incident bodily injury coverage
- $15,000 in total property damage coverage per incident
- $3,000 PIP coverage
Penalties for Driving Uninsured
Utah has some of the strictest uninsured driver penalties in the country. Fines for being cited for driving without insurance begin at $400 and can go above $1,000. Repeat offenders also will have their licenses revoked and their vehicle registration and plates canceled. New residents must obtain local Utah car insurance to avoid having their license transfer denied. Anyone who is convicted of driving uninsured must present an SR22 (verification of automobile insurance coverage) every year for three years to the Utah DMV.
Getting Cheap Utah Car Insurance Quotes
Utah has some of the cheapest auto insurance in the country, but those who utilize available discounts can make it less expensive, even if they have less-than-perfect driving records. Drivers who take state-sponsored driver safety and defensive driving courses will earn discounts on their total policy price. Installing theft-deterrent and safety features like OnStar, LoJack, and normal car alarms will have their risk levels reduced, resulting in lower policies. Staying with the same company for a year or more brings a loyalty discount, and by bundling all your insurance policies with the same car insurance company, you are often entitled to a multi-policy discount.
It isn’t hard to get cheap auto insurance in Utah. This friendly state has low prices, but you can find the absolute best policy for your money and needs by using our service. Allow us to find several quotes from good local insurers, so you can decide which one is the right one. We are the best in the business, and our service is fast, free and effective.
Wyoming entered the United States as the 44th state in 1890. Aside from being famous for its cowboy and Indians culture, Wyoming is the site for the first national park, Yellowstone, and was the first state to give women the right to vote before the 21st Amendment was passed in 1921—it even had the first female governor in 1925, thus earning its nickname as the “Equality State.” Wyoming has the lowest population density in the nation, and the cost of living in this windswept Western state is low. Wyoming car insurance is some of the least-expensive in the country. This includes cheap insurance for young drivers.
Driving in Wyoming
The state of Wyoming is the tenth-largest in the nation, and more than 48% of it is held by the government as national park and trust land. It is mainly plains and rolling hills, with the Grand Tetons and the edge of the Rockies extending into the northwestern part of the state. Winters in both regions are snowy and very cold, and the summers are hot and windy with occasional tornadoes in the southeastern corner. Animal strikes, occasional dust storms, whiteouts, and bad road conditions can be found throughout the state. The low population density makes traffic uncommon except in the national parks during summertime, when residents using the park roads for routine travel encounter tourists, and in winter when park and rural roads are closed due to snow.
Wyoming Facts and Figures
- Wyoming is listed as the 11th least-expensive state in the nation for auto insurance. Wyoming car insurance costs on average $546 for a six-month policy for liability coverage only.
- There were 15,278 vehicle crashes in Wyoming in 2009. Of these crashes, 116 yielded fatalities, with a total of 134 victims.
- 142 vehicles were reported stolen in Wyoming in 2009, placing it in the 24th place for risk of vehicle theft in the nation.
Auto Insurance Requirements in Wyoming
Basic liability car insurance in Wyoming is required for all drivers and vehicle owners. Liability insurance covers any property damage or bodily injuries sustained by victims of an accident caused by the insured driver. The state of Wyoming has minimum insurance coverage requirements of 25/50/20, which means that in any accident the coverage maximums are:
- $25,000 for individual bodily injury compensation per incident
- $50,000 total for bodily injury compensation per incident
- $20,000 for total property damage compensation per incident
Auto insurers and the Wyoming Insurance Commission recommend that residents maintain $100,000 in individual bodily injury and $300,000 in total incident bodily injury coverage. This will avert the insured from having to pay anything out of pocket in the event of a serious accident whose results surpass the state minimums.
Getting Cheap Wyoming Car Insurance Quotes
Since no other coverage is required, every driver can choose for themselves whether to carry collision, comprehensive, uninsured motorist, medical payments and other types of Wyoming car insurance. In order to keep monthly premiums down, increase the collision and/or comprehensive deductible, enroll in driving safety courses, bundle insurance policies through the same company for a multi-policy discount, and consider installing theft-deterrent features such as car alarms. All of these will lower the overall policy price, making it more affordable.
The best way to obtain the lowest price for Wyoming car insurance is by comparing multiple quotes from different companies. This enables the customer to choose the types of coverage they desire while having realistic expectations as to policy prices. Allow us to help make your auto insurance decisions easier by delivering fast, free and reliable quotes from great Wyoming insurers. With the right information, you can make the right decision.
Car insurance is required by law of every driver, so most people in America are forced to make room in their budget for at least some minimum coverage. A cheap car insurance policy is an attractive idea, but it is also important to find a good insurer so as not to compromise on quality. There are five different reputable auto insurance companies in the United States today, working to provide quality coverage at low cost. Here is a list of cheap car insurance companies:
GEICO Auto Insurance
Due to their quirky, popular advertising campaigns featuring the famous gecko, GEICO is well known as a reputable auto insurer. GEICO draws in its customers with its widely publicized claims of saving 15% or more on their cheap car insurance. Founded in 1936, GEICO did not start insuring the general public until 1973. Today, they provide coverage for over ten million private vehicles all over the country. Their website is simple to use, and the company consistently receives positive reviews from policyholders on their customer service. Easily makes the list for cheap car insurance companies.
Progressive Auto Insurance
The Progressive Auto Insurance Company has been in operation since its founding in 1937. Progressive is one of the United States’ biggest auto insurance companies, rising in popularity with over 10 million policies due largely to its humorous, cheerful advertising. Progressive has won many fans with its interactive website, Progressive Direct, allowing potential applicants to select a type of coverage and instantly see a quote from Progressive, matched with quotes from some of the company’s biggest competitors. It is known for cheap car insurance.
State Farm Insurance
State Farm, a company providing multiple types of insurance, was founded in 1922, which makes it one of the oldest insurance companies in the country. It is also one of the largest, with an estimated 77 million insurance policies as of 2009 – more than 40 million of which are written for motor vehicles. Their pricing is competitive with other large companies and is some of the best cheap car insurance. State Farm Insurance consistently receives excellent ratings for their customer service.
Since the Internet is finding more and more ways to replace many processes in our lives each day, it is unsurprising to see an auto insurance company spring up with its sole presence being online. Esurance.com has no brick-and-mortar establishment where an applicant can visit an agent – applicants must browse their website or call a representative. Many modern auto insurance customers enjoy Esurance.com for providing a place to find cheap car insurance from the comfort and convenience of their own homes.
Allstate is the biggest personal lines insurer in the nation – meaning that they offer applicants the kind of auto insurance coverage suited to them. Allstate is another of the country’s older insurance companies, as it was started in 1931 as a branch business of Sears, Roebuck & Co. Known to the modern public by its many sponsored sporting events and its commercial slogan, “Are you in good hands?”, Allstate’s customers appreciate being able to get cheap car insurance with decent customer service interaction.
Shopping for car insurance can be a hassle, especially if you are looking for car insurance for teenagers, but knowing where to look is half the battle. The top cheap car insurance companies in the United States know they are competing against each other, so getting cheap car insurance is not always as hard as it might seem. You can even find cheap car insurance for young drivers.
Auto insurance is mandatory in almost all states, but even without it, drivers are still financially responsible for their vehicles. This article is part 1 of 2 parts, and will provide some helpful tips for cheap auto insurance.
20 Tips for Cheap Auto Insurance:
1) Some states require that insurance companies provide discounts to drivers who complete a defensive driving course. The courses are inexpensive and take about 8 hours to complete, but can result in a 10% discount for up to 3 years. Many companies offer the discount voluntarily.
2) Customer loyalty discounts are offered to policyholders who buy more than one type of policy from the same company. Buying an auto policy from the same company as a homeowners policy can result in discounts on both insurance policies.
3) Paying the full amount for one year of auto insurance saves money over 6 month renewals or monthly payments. Monthly payments are offered for consumer convenience and include a service charge.
4) Family cars are less expensive to insure than sports cars or luxury cars. Four of the five cheapest vehicles to insure are minivans. Comparing the cost of insuring several different cars before deciding which car to purchase can save drivers money.
5) Good credit scores save money on more than bank interest rates, they also save money on car insurance. Statistics indicate that people who are responsible with credit are less likely to have auto accidents.
6) Membership in organizations like AAA and AARP and labor unions can qualify drivers for discounts. Drivers should check with organizations they have memberships in to find out if they qualify for preferred customer discounts.
7) Raising the deductible on collision and comprehensive insurance will lower premium costs. This means the driver will have to pay out of pocket for more of the damages if he or she is involved in an accident.
8) Check for discount offers on safety features on cars. Some companies offer discounts for side curtain airbags, antilock brakes, collision avoidance systems and other safety features that reduce the risk of accidents or protect against injuries.
9) Accident or claim free discounts may apply to drivers who have not had an accident or made an auto insurance claim in a specified period of time, usually three to five years. Some companies refer to this as a safe driver discount.
10) Maintaining a clean driving record with no citations for moving violations saves money on auto insurance. A single speeding ticket can raise insurance rates and disqualify drivers for some discounts that would save them money.
These ten tips for cheap auto insurance can be utilized by drivers of any age. The next article deals with 10 tips that apply to specific high risk groups like teen drivers and senior citizens. Finding cheap insurance for young drivers and seniors hard. For these drivers, finding discounts is especially important since their average rates are much higher than drivers in other age groups.
Washington State, not to be confused with the District of Columbia, is the only state named after a president. It was admitted into the Union as the 42nd State in 1889. Washington is well known for its agricultural products such as apples, berries, nuts and wheat, as well as cattle and timber. It also has other claims to fame in that Microsoft is based in Washington, as well as Boeing and Starbucks. Washington is a beautiful, temperate state that draws thousands of transplants every year. Its cost of living is a bit higher than the national average, as are the prices for Washington auto insurance.
Driving in Washington State
Driving in Washington State is relatively easy, as the state has excellent roads, however it does have a few natural hazards. The state receives the most rain of anywhere else in the country, and its winters are cold with lots of sleet, fog and snow, so roads can be slick and treacherous. Accidents peak during October through January, when the most ice is on the roads. Also, deer strikes have become very common in suburban areas, as the cities such as Seattle expand into the outlying country. However, the biggest driving problems in Washington are the people. Washington’s accident rate is staggering, which is one reason why Washington auto insurance is expensive. This also doesn’t create cheap insurance for young drivers.
Facts and Figures About Washington
- Washington State registered 102,859 vehicle collisions in 2009, which is a very high accident. Of these collisions, 453 resulted in a total of 459 fatalities. The majority of crashes were in the urban areas of Seattle, Tacoma and Yakima.
- A total of 45,899 vehicles were stolen in 2009, and Washington State is listed as 6th on the list of most theft-prone states. Yakima, Washington was listed as number nine on the most vehicle theft-prone urban areas. These factors raise the prices of car insurance in Washington substantially.
- Washington is listed as 24th on the listing of states with the least-expensive auto insurance in 2009. Average six-month policies with liability coverage only were $618.
Required Car Insurance in Washington
Every driver in Washington State is required to carry basic liability coverage on their vehicle, whether it is drivable or not, and whether their license is suspended or not. Proof of valid local insurance is required to renew a driver’s license or vehicle registration, and being caught driving uninsured will bring fines, possible towing of the vehicle, and eventually loss of the person’s license and license plates if they do not obtain coverage. Auto liability coverage is required in the amounts of 25/50/10, which breaks down into maximum payouts of:
- $25,000 in bodily injury liability coverage per person, per incident
- $50,000 in bodily injury liability coverage per incident, total
- $10,000 in property damage liability coverage per incident, total
Carry More than the Minimums
Washington drivers are not required to carry uninsured motorist or personal injury protection coverage, but these kinds of insurance are recommended. Carrying more than the minimum is also recommended, to avoid the insured driver from being liable for large damage sums if a major accident occurs. Collision and comprehensive are not required, either, unless the person’s vehicle is leased or financed, which is a requirement by the financier. Lowering the deductible on these types of coverage can bring the monthly payments down significantly, while maintaining coverage integrity.
Getting Cheap Washington Auto Insurance Quotes
There are many options for getting discounts on Washington auto insurance quotes. The state requires that insurers offer discounts to those who have completed driver’s education classes, good students, and for bundling insurance policies from the same company. Drop any redundant coverage such as medical payments if you have health insurance, and install anti-theft features on your vehicle, such as car alarms and wheel locks to decrease your risk of theft, and therefore your total insurance cost.
Finding cheap Washington auto insurance quotes can be a challenge, even for those with spotless driving records. The state insurance commission recommends that residents compare policy prices in order to find the most cost-effective auto coverage. Our service allows you to compare multiple quotes from several different companies in Washington State simultaneously. Let us help you find the right policy for your needs and your pocketbook.